Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Thirty, Flirty, and Thriving???

Yep! That's right, I turned the big 3-0!! I'm not sure how this happened so soon! I don't feel old enough to be 30! I remember when I was younger I used to think that I will NEVER be 16 and then it was 18 and then 21. You want so much to grow up when you're younger and now all I want is to STOP getting older!
So, my actual Birthday day was pretty crappy! It started with a 4am wake up to my sweet Brylee barfing! She was fine after and went back to sleep fine. When she woke up later that morning, she acted totally fine. So, I decided that we would keep our appointment to get our hair done. After I dropped Kayston off at school, we were on our way. So I thought! About 10 minutes into the drive she started puking in the backseat. GREAT! So, I turned the car around and we headed home. Any of you that has had a child barf in the car knows it is the WORST! It got all over the seat and puddled up in the bottom of her car seat! (am I being too graphic??) So, I took her inside to clean her up and then went back to deal with the car seat. Well, it's buckled to the car so I couldn't get the darn thing out. To make matters worse, when I reached under to try and get it out, throw up was dripping through and onto my hand! (insert dry heave sound here!!) So, I decided at that moment that I would leave the car seat for my sweet husband to deal with. So, I rolled down all the windows and left it! Sorry Babe!
Luckily for me, she only ended up throwing up 1 more time after that.

Don't worry lovey, mommy forgives you for ruining her special day! How could I ever stay mad at this???
The rest of the day still ended up being pretty lame! That is, until my hubby surprised me by coming home early. He had my mom come over to watch the kids for a while and he took me to Costco and bought me my new favorite treat...Pirates Booty! Yumm! Anyway, when we got home, I felt a lot better and one of my bestest friends Kim stopped by for my special day! Preston surprised me with a "little hill" rice krispy cake that was SO cute and a GARMIN for my present! I have been wanting one for a while now so I was SO happy to get it!
Even though the day started out crappy, it ended great, thanks to my wonderful friends and family!Saturday I was able to celebrate again with some more of my awesome friends up at Macaroni Grill. This was not our original plan. We were supposed to meet at the Cheesecake Factory but it was a 3 hour wait! Are you kidding me?? No thanks! So, we decided to eat somewhere else! I LOVE my friends so much and I feel so blessed to have them in my life!

I also had a great Birthday Eve! My awesome friend Carrie, came and got me and took me to dinner and then for a nice relaxing steam. Ahhh, it was so nice! After our steam, we went in the pedicure room and painted our toes! Funny story about that. It was pretty dim in there and I couldn't really tell what color polish I was picking. I thought it looked like a bronzeish pinkish color but when I got home it was like a pale purpleish, pinkish, blush color. Not really my color but it made me laugh!
When I got home from my relaxing night, I walked in and the kitchen was all decorated for me by my cute little family! I loved it! It was such a fun and relaxing night! Thanks Carrie and thanks to all my great friends who made turning 30 a little easier!

8 comments:

Amy said...

gotta love puke! I'm glad my kids are old enough to stick their heads out the window if they need to! haha.

I think the older we get the better life gets!

Happy Birthday!

Carrie said...

I'm glad you survived the big 3-0. It's a doozy. I love it when birthdays can be stretched out to a good week or so. It's been fun being friends, sorry it has to end here, you are the devil for putting that picture up. ha ha! j/k!

Warburtons said...

I really wanted to throw up reading that...but how I love sweet little Brylee and am so glad that you got to clean up all the throw up and that I wasn't there for that wonderful experience. (;
Im glad your B-Day got better!! You are one freakin hot 30 year old!!!

Bryan and Sarah said...

Happy Birthday Keri! I'm sorry Brylee was sick on your birthday, but it looks like it still turned out great. I also like the idea of birthday eves and carrying it to the weekend. So fun! I think the 30's will be great!

Britney said...

Throw up in the car is the worst! It is so hard to clean and gets everywhere. I'm so glad you had a great birthday! You deserve it! And at least you don't look 30. I would say more like 25. :)

FrankandAsh said...

I love that you left the car seat for your husband, I would totally do that:) Good thing you are so loved by so many to make up for such a crummy day!

Megan said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY! When did we grow up anyways? It's crazy isn't it!
I still feel like I'm 20.
Sounds like a fun day!

Krystal said...

I'm so glad your birthday ended up being good. I can't believe you're 30! Happy be-lated Birthday!