Sunday, July 17, 2011

4th of JuLy

This 4th was pretty chill! We started out the day by driving up to Centerville to see my Grandma who hasn't been doing too well lately. My kids LOVE their Gramma Gramma and are always so happy to see her!
On our way home from our visit, we decided to stop at the Gateway . The kids had a blast playing in the fountain and I was able to find some awesome shopping deals!! Kayston didn't last as long as I thought he would! He said it was "too cold"! I guess if I had -2% body fat, I would get cold too! Bry, on the other hand, could have stayed in there all day! She lOvEd it! I couldn't leave out Little Miss! She slept for most of the fun but enjoyed watching them when she woke up!
Later that night, we had a BBQ and set off some pretty intense fireworks at home.

The "unpredictable" flower!
I HAD to document the sibling LOVE that was going on since it doesn't happen that often! Watch out...you might get burned from the huge SnAkE! And of course, the flame spitting sparklers! Like I said, they were pretty intense! Then REALLY later that night, we headed over to our annual firework lookout at Thanksgiving point! They had a pretty good show this year but I have to say, with all the fireworks being legal this year, we pretty much had a show in every direction we looked! It was pretty neat but me and Hubba, being the cheapskates we are, could only see $$$$ being set on fire in the air! Ha ha! I know, we're lame 'os!

For some reason, I didn't take any pictures of the fireworks, but this is Kayston hiding out playing the Ipod until the show starts! This had to be one of my favorite 4th's! Even though we skipped out on the Balloons, my kids were well behaved, we got to spend time with one of my very favorite people, and we had a blast spending time with just our little family!

2 comments:

Deb and Stan said...

One of my favorite days, too! The all-around fireworks were awesome, but having my babies all around me was the absolute best!

Bryan and Sarah said...

Happy 4th of July! The fountains and fireworks look fun!