Monday, May 9, 2011

Mother's Day

This year Mother's Day was great! It started Saturday when I got home from work and found this...Homemade cards, flowers, and a book Kayston made for me at school! It was the cutest thing I have ever seen! It went like this...

A Mom and her Boy
By Kayston Robertson

This is a story about a mom and her boy who,
in many ways, were different.

I like vanilla ice cream.
My mom likes chocolate ice cream.

Mom likes potty training. I hate it.
I like to teach my baby sister how to brush her teeth.

My mom likes to have a nap.
I like to play.

The mom and her boy were alike in many ways, too.

I like to eat fish and my mom likes to eat fish.

I like growing yummy vegetables in my garden.
My mom likes the same thing.

Me and my mom are like the goodest artists in my family.

But the way they were most alike was the
most special way of all.

Because, you see, they loved each other and
liked to give hugs!!


Is that not the sweetest thing! Every time I read it I tear up! And of course he drew cute pictures with every page! Ahhh, it melts my heart!

Later that night Preston had arranged for my parents to watch the kids so he could take me out to dinner! We ended up going to a place called Epic and it was actually really yummy.
After dinner we did some shopping and grabbed some ice cream. I always enjoy a night out with my man!!!
Sunday was great as well. I didn't have to change any diapers, wipe any bums, or do a thing in the kitchen!! I pretty much just relaxed the entire day! Oh, and my sweet kids came up to me about 10 times each and gave me a hug and said..."happy mother's day!" So sweet!
Later that night my parents came over for a delicious dinner made by my hubby! It was a fun and relaxing day! I wish everyday could be Mother's Day!! =)

7 comments:

Krystal said...

Sounds like a great Mother's Day!

Bryan and Sarah said...

I love Kayston's book. He is so cute. We still talk about how he said, "She's a girl," about the blue penguin on Backyardigans. Your Mother's Day sounds awesome!

Deb and Stan said...

Okay, I teared up for the second time! I love his book! I told him that when he was 55 years old, to look in your dresser and that book will still be there!

FrankandAsh said...

oh that is melt your are sweet!! What a blessing children are, and sounds like your husband took care of you too, what a lucky mom!

FrankandAsh said...

sorry melt your heart sweet:)

Carrie said...

Kayston is going to write romance novels when he gets older, I have a feeling. :) Glad your Mother's Day was a fun and relaxing time. I saw Kenley at the soccer games last Saturday, she's a cute bean!

KAT said...

Oh Keri that Kayston is so cute and what a ladies man he will be with his poetry skills:) Glad you had a great mothers day and presto took good care of you! You are such a great mommy!! Luv ya