Saturday, February 13, 2010

The first lost tooth!

Kayston finally lost his first tooth! It has been loose for quite a while now, but as I mentioned before, he starts to leave it alone because he gets scared. Well, yesterday he was wiggling it all day and by last night, that baby was ready to come out. He had gone to bed and when I went in to kiss him goodnight, he said that he wanted his tooth out. So, I told him that he could get out of bed but he would have to let me pull the tooth out. He of course agreed, (anything to get out of bed, right?) and nervously followed me to the bathroom. At first I was going to try the dental floss trick that my mom used to do with me but he wouldn't let that floss anywhere near his tooth. So, I just told him to let me wiggle it to see how loose it was. I just wiggled a little harder and harder and the next thing I new it was hanging sideways. As I reached for a piece of tissue, he was able to glance in the mirror and notice that there was a little bit of blood. He was completely fine up until that moment. Even then, he only fake cried for a few minutes and right when he saw that I yanked it, he burst into giggles! =) Silly kid!
He was SO excited! We of course had to call G-Ma and we even took pictures and e-mailed them to her right away! We wrote a letter to the tooth fairy asking her to please let us keep his first tooth so we could put it in his baby book! She must have got the note cause this morning in the baggie was his tooth, along with a sliver dollar, a gold dollar, and 4 quarters. Lucky boy! The tooth fairy did pretty well considering he lost his tooth right before bed and our tooth fairy doesn't usually have cash on her! (It's amazing what you can find in the cabinets above the fridge!)
Kayston asked if he could leave his tooth under his pillow again tonight! Ha Ha! Wouldn't that be nice?!?
Way to go buddy! 1 down, lots more to go!

So proud..
And so happy to finally have it out!The tooth!

4 comments:

Deb and Stan said...

Way to go, my little buddy! This is one pretty proud Gramma!

Britney said...

Wow-he is a tough boy! I hated my teeth falling out. I hope your tooth fairy also comes to our house!

Krystal said...

Alright, Kayston! Your first visit from the tooth fairy...how exciting!

Carrie said...

I saw him leaving Primary when we were going in, he stopped to show me, didn't say a word, just showed me and then was on his way. So funny!