Tuesday, December 1, 2009

O' Christmas Tree

So, I'm a little behind on blogging due to my new obsession with the Twilight series so bare with me. =) We put are Christmas tree up the weekend before Thanksgiving this year. We used to do it Thanksgiving weekend but it always seems to go by way too fast. This year was a lot more hectic than usual. Kayston wanted every ornament to be his "treasure" and Brylee just wanted everything! So, I started decorating the top half of the tree while the kids decorated the bottom half. And then I redecorated the bottom half after the kids went to bed. =) Kayston wanted a skeleton tree!
I'm almost regretting our decision to put it up so early. These kids can't leave the thing alone for one second. I've already had a few of my favorite ornaments broken and it seems that everyday more keep disappearing. (which reminds me, I need to go search Kayston's room!)
Besides that, I LOVE having the Christmas tree up! I love this time of year. However, (I might regret saying this later) I do wish it would snow soon. It just doesn't feel the same with all this nice weather we've been having!

This year, we decided we would go to Idaho for Thanksgiving. Even though it wasn't our year to go there. We had a good time visiting Preston's parents and eating a lot of yummy food! This year, I decided I wanted to brave the shopping. I used to work in retail and I swore that I would NEVER be a part of Black Friday!!! Well, I guess all I really needed to change my mind was a good sell! =) So, Thanksgiving night my mother-in-law and I decided we were going to go to Toys R Us at midnight. But first, she wanted me to go with her and my SIL to see New Moon. Well, all of you who know me well know that I had NO interest in all in this vampire crap! I hadn't read any of the books nor had I planned to. So, I was just going to stay behind and meet up her later. The last thing I wanted to spend my money on was a movie I had no interest in seeing. Well, she told me she already had my ticket and to lets go. So, I went! And I loved it! And, I read the first book in just a couple of days (witch explains my blogging absence) and, I am now reading the second book and, I just watched Twilight today. I know, I am just as shocked as any of you! So, thank you to my Mother-in-law for talking me into seeing the movie! I have to admit, I have never enjoyed a book like I have this one. I've never really liked reading at all since I have ADD and it usually takes me 3 times to read one sentence for me to realize what I have read. Not this one! So, if any of you are like I was, take it from me...it's good! =)
Back to Toys R Us. When we got there at 11:45 the line was wrapped clear around the parking lot. But, we decided we would give it a shot! The first 25 minutes or so were fine. We moved quite fast through the line and it wasn't too cold. Well, when we were about 3/4 of the way through, the line seemed to just stop for about 45 minutes! By this time we were FREEZING! So, my MIL brought her car around and we took turns warming up. We were about to leave then we decided to wait just a few more minutes. I'm glad we did cause about 10 minutes after that the line started moving and we were able to get in. We were able to get most of the things we came for. They had one more thing of what I wanted most and it was misplaced so I lucked out there!
After Toys R Us we were going to head over to Walmart but there were cars lined up on the street just waiting to pull in, so we bagged that idea! Overall, it was a fun night! Thanks to my MIL for standing in line with me in the freezing cold for almost 2 hours! And also for introducing me to Edward and Jacob! Ha!
Unfortunately, I didn't get any pictures of our Idaho adventures. I am getting so bad at taking pictures! Ugh!!!
Anyway, sorry, this ended up being way longer than I had intended! We hope you all had a Happy Thanksgiving! Love you all!

Putting up the Christmas village! (yes, I know it's probably not a good idea to have our son lifted up while on a chair while he has a fractured skull! )
I don't think she can cheese it any bigger if she tried! But, isn't she so cute?!?
Kayston's skeleton tree!He even put the lights through his eyes!

9 comments:

Bryan and Sarah said...

I'm so glad you finally got into the Twilight Series! I'm such a huge fan - I've already seen New Moon twice! Someday we'll have to have a Twilight movie marathon! I'm glad you braved the Black Friday shopping; I'm planning on never giving in to that, but we'll see! Kayston and Brylee look great, and I love how they decorated the tree!

Sarah said...

I love the skeleton on the tree, Kayston seems like such a fun little guy. And oh my goodness, Brylee is the cutest thing ever. What a smile! :)

Krystal said...

Ha, ha! I still haven't seen New Moon, but I did enjoy reading the books (once.) I'm glad you've finally joined the Twilight masses. And Kayston and Brylee are so cute!

FrankandAsh said...

all the hype about this twilight has almost made me want to read the books, but I just haven't crossed over yet:) Kayston is getting so big, he so reminds me of my brother with his skeleton, that is so something he would have done and Brylee is such a cutie with her cheeser!

Britney said...

I am so shocked about you getting into Twilight! That's awesome! I agree...I want snow and lots now!!

Warburtons said...

Oh Kayston!! How I love that kid. The tree is georgous. I love CHRISTMAS TIME!!!!

Carrie said...

What an ugly tree. Not. I'm so sick and tired of going over to your perfectly decorated house! :) Everything looks wonderful. The tree seems to be missing some shells and rocks though.... ha ha.

Megan said...

Oh the Christmas tree. I have so many broken ornaments it's crazy! But it's fun for them so I'm trying to just let them enjoy it, and not freak out! : )
Cute village, cute kids, and so glad you liked Twilight! I need to reread Eclipse to get ready for the movie in June!! YEY!!

Deb and Stan said...

I can't wait until I get my new computer! I've missed your blogs! Love the background! You should post a picture of Kayston's "Prisoner" tree! It's the cutest!

I agree with Carrie...You definitely need to have another baby! You have WAY too much time for cleaning on your hands! But, I love coming to your house because everything is always in its place. Okay, except for the PILE OF CRAP way under the couch!! But don't worry, I won't tell anyone! (See, Carrie, she really IS normal!)