Friday, August 7, 2009

what a night...

Last night after we had just gotten the kids to bed around 9:00 (well Kayston, Bry was in be by 7:45) I was in on the computer trying to win a coupon as I usually do on Thursday nights and Preston had just gotten out of the shower. It had been windy all day but it started to get worse as the night went on. Well, Preston had come into help me try to win a coupon and all of the sudden we heard a HUGE gust of wind followed by a bang. I told Preston he better check on the trampoline. Sure enough it was gone and there was a hole in our brand new vinyl fence. When I went out to help I saw the trampoline in the road completely mangled. I couldn't believe how much damage it did. I noticed our safety enclosure in the field so we wanted to see if we could salvage it. Well, it turns out the trampoline in the road was our neighbors and ours was in the field. Our neighbors tramp flew completely over one side of our fence hitting our tramp and they both flew through the other side of the fence. We were able to drag our tramp out of the weeds and over to the garage and take it apart. Surprisingly, ours is in ok shape. A little bent in some places but I think it might be fixable. But, we're not too sure if we want to risk putting it back up again and always having to worry when it's windy.
I was pretty bummed last night and I just kept thinking how sad Kayston is going to be. (I have yet to tell him) But then I realized how much worse it could have been. What if someone was out there or it could have blown into our house and broken some windows or it kept blowing and hit a car as it was passing by. Yeah, it sucks but really it's fine. It's only a trampoline, something that can be fixed or replaced. I am just grateful that no one got hurt.
Here are some pictures of our fence and our neighbors trampoline...

4 comments:

Me and Daddy said...

Good luck telling him. Maybe he won't notice. Ha ha. I am so happy everyone is ok and that it is fixable TODAY. Love you, and hope you have a better day. LOVE!!!

Warburtons said...

Yeah that tramp in the road is a gonner. I seriously cannot believe it did that much damage. Stupid wind.

Trav-Amy-Kennedy-Shaylee Barney said...

sheesh! we had that happen last summer except we didn't have a fence to stop it! It broke a window and there was glass all over our kitchen and living room!

Megan said...

Holy crap! That's crazy!!! Hope your tramp will be usable! : )