Saturday, December 13, 2008

Toys For Tots...

Yesterday my husband had the opportunity to go with some people from his work and go shopping for "Toys For Tots". When he first told me what they were doing i thought it was pretty neat. He even got to take Kayston along. When he called me later that day and told me the extent of the shopping, it brought tears to my eyes. First they went to Walmart and filled up over 150 carts with toys. They had to shut down about 6 or 7 lanes just for them. They filled up a semi with just toys. And these weren't just cheap little toys, they got bikes, huge doll houses, video cames and players, pretty much everything Walmart carried. Preston told me by the time they were done, the toy section was pretty much empty.

After that, they headed over to Costco, and we all know the kind of stuff Costco carries. They filled up over 50 of their big orange cart things and they were over 6 feet high with toys. They filled up about 30 guys' trucks and 2 big trailers with toys, sleds, drum sets, keyboards, ipods, and pretty much every cool toy Costco carries.
Preston said that people would just stop and watch what was going on. Even the local news was there and did a big story on it.
After they were done shopping and OVER $100,000.00 later, they headed up to drop off all the toys.

I am so proud that my husband works for such a giving company and I am so happy that he and Kayston got to have such an amazing experience.





This is what the holidays are all about!!!

8 comments:

Deb and Stan said...

What a story! What a great thing for Preston and Kayston to get to be a part of! I cried just reading the story!

Krystal said...

What a neat experience for them! Talk about the spirit of giving.

Warburtons said...

so nice of them!!!!! im just glad that i wasnt shopping for toys at the same time :) but that really is what this season is all about.

Megan said...

That is so great! So awesome for your kids to experience that so young. So cool!!!

KAT said...

I'm still AMAZED at how much $$$ Prestos company spent!! What an amazing and giving man he is!! I am so jealous I didn't get to be a part of that!! Maybe someday I could give something that great to people in need!!:) Thanks for sharing!! It truly is the reason for the holidays!!

Bryan and Sarah said...

That is so neat! I think it's so cool that Kayston got to go too. It sounds like your husband works for a great company.

Sarah said...

That is awesome! What an amazing company. Your right, that is what the holidays are all about.
It was great to run into you the other night! You look great.

Leesa said...

That is SO AMAZING!! It would be so wonderful to see the faces of all these children on Christmas morning!!
We hope you guys have a Merry Christmas!!