Sunday, October 26, 2008

Preston's Birthday Surprise!

Last Tuesday (the 21st) was Preston's 30th Birthday. We went out to dinner with some close friends and family to the Texas Roadhouse.
Well, about a month before, I was trying to decide what to get him for his Birthday. I wanted it to be good since he was turning 30. So, I decided to surprise him with a trip to Mexico. He had NO idea. I was so worried he was going to find out because I had to arrange it with his work and I was afraid somebody might say something. Not to mention all of or friends and family knew. Nobody said anything, thank goodness, and he was completely shocked. He thought I was getting him a jacket. I had bought him 2 new swimsuits and put our itinerary between them and wrapped it all up. Even when he saw the swimsuits he didn't get it and he thought the itinerary was a letter.
He started to read it and finally caught on. He was super excited. He's been wanting to go on a trip but I told him I didn't want to because I wasn't "swimsuit ready."So, we leave Saturday the 1st and we can't wait. We'll spend a week, just the 2 of us, in the Riviera Maya. We've gone the past 3 years with friends so it will be kind of nice to spend some time alone. Hopefully we don't get board with each other.lol I am so glad it all worked out and I was able to surprise him. I am also very proud of myself for keeping it a secret until his Birthday. It was killing me. I wanted to tell him so bad so he could be excited with me. Thanks to all of you who kept telling me not to tell him, I'm so glad I waited.





Thanks to everybody who came to celebrate Preston's Birthday
With us. We love all of you!

Happy Birthday babe...we love you!!

3 comments:

Megan said...

OH MY GOSH! I am so jealous! You are such a good wife...HAVE FUN!

Krystal said...

Happy be-lated birthday, Preston!!

Nimo said...

happy belated to Preston! you guys are so lucky to be doing Mexico again!! you'll have to let me know how you get the great deals. :)