Thursday, February 26, 2015

Camping!!!

This camping trip turned out to be a pretty big ordeal. I had called and booked a spot up at Granite Flats about 2 weeks prior. Well, after spending what felt like hours packing everything up and making our way up to Granite Flats, we get there to find out that we in fact do NOT have a reservation there. I was sure they had it wrong so I looked up my reservation and it said that we did have a reservation for Granite Flats CALIFORNIA!!! WHAT??? How did this happen? I was so mad and the kids were all in tears. We decided that we couldn't let them down so we drove around for 3 hours trying to find an open spot. We were about to call it quits when Kayston told us that he said a prayer that we would be able to find a spot. We looked at each other and knew we had to find something. We ended up at good old Willow Park only a few miles from our house. The kids had no idea we were so close to home since we had been driving around for SO long. They still thought we were up in the mountains. 
We got all set up and had a yummy dinner. Since we were so close we invited Gramma and Grampa down for s'mores. The kids thought it was pretty cool that they would drive all that way to have s'mores. 
We ended up having a blast and the kids loved every second of it! It was also nice that it only took us about 5 minutes to get home.
Our car was literally packed from top to bottom!! I find it strange that we can spend an entire week in Mexico with only 2 carry-on's but it takes all this for only 1 night of camping. No wonder we only go once a year!!


1 comment:

Bryan and Sarah said...

Camping is so fun! But yeah, I'm a once a year person too.