Anyway, today my knee is doing great. It still gets a little sore here and there but for some reason it doesn't hurt while I'm running. YAY!
So, a couple of weeks ago I decided to sign up for a 5K. Even before my surgery when I used to run a ton, I had never done a race. For some reason I have a much harder time running outside than I do I the treadmill. I pretty much feel like an 80 year old chain smoker! LOL
So, yesterday was the race. I made Preston do it with me so I would have some one to come in last with me. Hahaha!! No, just kidding. He is a great support and I am so happy he was there to run my first race with me.
My time ended up being 32.15. Not the best but good considering over 3/4 of the course was uphill. My goal was to finish under 35 minutes and to not be last!! I made my goal so I am very happy!!
Thanks babe for being there for me and giving me that extra push when I needed it. Thanks Mom and Kim for waking up at the crack of dawn to come out and support us! And thanks Dad for watching the kids so Mom could come!!! You all are the BEST!!! I don't know what I would do without all of you!!
I look forward to more 5K's and maybe even a 10K!!! =)
Before the race...
13 comments:
How did you manage to look so cute for the entire race. I would've been dying and it would've shown. : )
Good for you...awesome!
Oh, and cute background.
CONGRATS on your first finished race!!!! you guys kicked butt...and at the end you didn't even look like you had just ran a race. Now your like a pro runner (a hot pro runner)!!! Love ya!!
You really did look cute in all of your racing pictures. Austin said to me the other day, "Okay, Krystal, now it's your turn for a marathon, since Keri and Sarah did it." Yeaaaah...we'll see.
yay for Keri & Preston! You guys did awesome!
Yay!! Good Job guys!! I love the stretching pictures:) I've wanted to run a 10K as well, so we should do one together!
You did awesome! I am so proud of all the training and work you are doing! I guess I better loose the gut so I can look more like a runner with my hot wife.
way to do guys! Wished I looked as good as you after I run. Keep up the awesome work. Kudos to you!!!
You are amazing! Just thinking about running a 5K makes me sick to my stomach. And I agree with Megan, it isn't right that you look so cute after all that running. :)
Wow I'm so impressed I so could not do that! Well congrats on accomplishing your goal! And I agree you look too good for just finishing a 5k:)
Kim did a great job with the pictures! I can't believe how good you both looked after the race. I am VERY proud of you both!
Excellent job! I love all the photos, and you look great in them! How great that Preston ran with you! I also love the lake and mountains in the background.
Well done you two! That was nice of you Keri to go slower so Preston could cross the finish line with you. J/K
Yay Keri! That's awesome. Ok, the pictures of you guys goofing around are hilarious. Preston waving at the end of the race like he didn't just run 3 miles? LOL! Too funny! What a great hubby to run with you. You guys are too cute.
Post a Comment