So yesterday we decided to drive up to Payson Lakes since Preston had never been there and we wanted to scope it out to go camping.
Anyway, we got out of the truck and I was going to put sunblock on the kids. So, being the dummy that I am, I took off my wedding ring so it wouldn't get slimy and set it on Preston's tool box in the back of his truck.
Something must have distracted me (probably Kayston) because I forgot that I took it off and we headed to the lake. After playing by the lake for a while and walking all the way around it we returned to the truck.
Still, not realizing that I was missing my wedding ring, we got back in the truck and started to drive home. (I know, HUH!!)
It wasn't until we got to my mom's house about an hour and a half later, when I realized It was missing. My heart stopped! I asked Preston if he had it because in the past if I left it on the counter he would take it and let me get scared so I would learn my lesson. (obviously that didn't work) He said he didn't have it and that he saw it by the kitchen sink after I gave Brylee a bath. I told him that I had put It on before we left. Then I remembered the lotion and my heart stopped again. All I could do was pray. I was so scared I couldn't even cry. I was about to get in the truck and drive all the way back up there when we decided to look in the back of the truck for a miracle. I now believe in miracles because there it was. It had slid off the tool box into the back of the truck. I couldn't believe it.
Lesson learned? Let the dang ring get slimy!!!!
4 comments:
I was so hoping you'd share this story! I've probably told it to a dozen people! You are ONE LUCKY CHICA!
wow that is so scary i once lost the promise ring nick gave me it was so awful. thankfuly my sister found it 4 days later. i cant imagine loosing my wedding ring. you are one lucky girl!! glad you found it :D
oh my gosh keri!! you are so lucky. i bet you got a mouth full from hubba. jk i am so happy it was there. :)
will you please get your internet up!!!! i miss you!!! you need to do an update of your cool new house. i have put my blood and sweat into that and i want people to see it :) luv you xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxxoxoxoxoxox
xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxxoxoxox
xoxoxoxoxoxoxooxxooxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo
xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxxoxoxoxoxooxoxoxoxx
xoxoxoxooxxoxoxooxoxoxoxoxoxoxox
xoxoxoxoxoxooxoxoxoxoxoxoxxoxoxoxoxoo
Post a Comment